Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tiny Little Deaths Parading In My Dreams...

So I spent a portion of last night talking to this guy named Adam. He's a bit older (no romance, no worries), but he's really funny and fun to talk to. We were kind of making stupid jokes and he mentioned something about waking up early for school as a kid. Its kind of funny when I think about it....I spent 13 years waking up early, rushing to school, rushing to get school work done and all I really have to show for it is a piece of paper saying I did it. And then, that's not even totally true, since I probably spent about a year and a half skipping school. (hey, I'm not complaining, most of the time, I had a good laugh or two)! Well, hopefully, my college efforts get me somewhere this time. I'm anxious to be a student again. :)

Gee, I had the weirdest dream last night. It wasn't scary or anything, (well maybe a little), but it was just a little odd. Death and cupid were like the same person (but it looked just like Death), and was shooting arrows at the people who got to live. They looked kind of cartoony; black and glowing purple. Anywho, so there was this tiny one in my refridgerator (by the way, it was in the house I lived in as a kid), and he looked like a little figurine and he shot an arrow at everyone in my house. Then there was a phone call and my oldest sister answered it and she was freaking out. She took out a picture of a black little girl in a bright yellow shirt and started saying, "I just want you to know how special you are, no matter what, everyone loved you, blah blah blah." And then she ran out the door crying. I followed her in a beat up truck and arrived at this school that had clouds of smoke looming out of it. Death was behind a corner, and there were pieces of the ceiling rubbling everywhere. My sister was saving this little girl from dying in it, the one in the picture, and when she came out and asked her if she was okay. She said, "I'm fine, but my brother was left behind and died." And everyone laughed like it was the end of a sitcom. And then I woke up...

Woke up to a barrage of text messages that is! . . . I have nowhere else to go with that.... I knew today was the day of Stephanie's (my cousin's) baby shower. I was sooooo sleepy, don't know why, but half of me wanted to go and half of me didn't. I've been really wanting to spend more time and get to know my family more, but I didn't really attempt to get ready, so I considered that my underlying decision. I did get to clean up my room a bit more, and now its completely walk-able. Yay! Unfortunately, that means that a heap of mess is hiding in corners and freed space. As I was doing so, I realized how completely in love with The Eagles I am. It reminds me of sitting on the front porch, with my mom and older brother, leaning on her comfortable shoulder, as she smoked a cigarette. Looking up at the bright country sky, wandering up into a dark cold night, feeling safe in a nieghborhood with unlocked doors, in town so small everyone knew your name. Or gas being cheap enough to go on late night cruises on old dirt roads. Feeling like I was in a shuttle, traveling in space, listening to Hotel California and thinking about that fairy tale on that video cassette, where this devil guy is lurking in this hotel. And they end up eating and killing it. Wow, that's the time my mom was going through my dad's bullshit. I wonder what she was thinking all those nights she spent installing memories in our heads...Bah, I love my mommy....

So, I had decided to start cleaning earlier in the day, and I had to empty out my plastic bag with trash, ya know, so I don't seem gross for letting it collect for so long. Well, I went outside to dump it in the dumpster, and as I let all the garbage fall out, I notice my bag of colors (black, peach and grey) falling to the bottom of the bin. So, you might not know me all too well, since this is only post 2, but for anyone who does, they'd know I'm Crayola's biggest fan. Seeing them fall was like a big, resounding, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Now, you're probably thinking, well, just pull them out, dust them off, no harm done, right? WELL, seems they had just emptied the bin, and it was one of those big, deep, green dumpsters. Bah! So, me being the ingenious person, that I am, I went to my front porch, grabbed a fork stick, and got two brooms from inside and went back. I held up the lid with the forked stick, and tried to clench out the bags between the brooms. I should be really lucky it wasn't a claw machine game, because maaaaan, I'd be so out of quarters! These colors were in ziploc bags, so trying to grab them with the ends of the broom, was really difficult, they kept slipping out and falling further. At one point, one of the bags opened and was sooooo close to spilling its color-coordinated contents all over the bottom of the bin. Luckily, I manuevered everything back into place. Whew! I spent a good 45 minutes trying to retrieve my bags, and I went inside, sweaty, annoyed, and smelling like old dumpster! >.<
Vanessa E. came over later that day. We've decided to get together once a week and work on a theatre script. I really like our idea (well it was mostly hers, but I'm helping!) and I feel like it could make for an interesting, cool production. Funny enough, I had a dream about Death and that's what its about. Anyway, we spent more time conversing, but it did help to get some ideas rolling, back and forth. We at least got the begining, middle and end figured out, so now we just need to get a few details together and then begin the writing pro-cess. We want to try and get something pulled together for summer (probably late summer). Its fun to work creatively with someone else, its been awhile.... Anyway, Jacob came and in and started playing with his Ben 10 toys, so we quit that.

So later this week, I'm thinking of going to Galeria 409. One of my New Year's resolutions was to go out more often and be more social and not be such a hermit. So far, I'm doin' pretty steady. I feel like I've become more productive. 2009 feels really good. I feel like I'm going to get a lot accomplished, or at least a few, hah.



Can't wait, sounds great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment