Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Taste For Human Flesh....

I had a really hard time waking up this morning. It wasn't even because I was in a foul mood, I just felt infinitely tired. I probably spent two hours just trying to convince myself of ways to get out of bed. Usually, the reason that always falls through is that I'm about to pee my pants...For the first half of the day, probably until about 2:oo P.M., I just sat around and tried to wake up, but I kept wanting to lie down. I watched the Ben 10 marathon on Cartoon Network with my little brother Jacob, we colored in his coloring book, not much else. After awhile, my mom went into town to help change my older brother's, Omar's, car battery. Since Jacob was no longer there to encourage my laziness, I decided to continue my quest for full cleanliness of my room. As of lately, the dirt collected on my sliding glass door, leading to my balcony, has been bugging me, so I decided to clean the windows, sweep the balcony and sweep my carpet (my vacuum doesn't work!). It looks a helluva lot cleaner now, and I feel so proud. :D

After I was done cleaning, I was really gross and sweaty, so I decided to jump in the shower. I had planned to paint my nails, since I just bought this new nail polish (and I did), and right after I get out, I get a text message from Tiffany. For those of you who don't know, Tiffany is the first girl my ex cheated on me with. She didn't know I existed, but she was nice enough to let me know what was going on when she discovered who I was. Anywho, she was just bored and wanted to talk, and we ended up going into the topic of boys. I've know her for maybe 3 months, and in this time she's maybe told me she's slept with about 8 or 9 different guys. Granted I had my own sexual escapades at her age, but not THAT many. She tells me about guys ALL the time. The difference between us, though, was I was just getting my jollies and she's expecting love and relationship out of putting out. I tried to tell her that she needs to go about things a different way, because its not worth giving 100% to people who don't want the same thing. Talking to her reminded me of Alec, obviously. Since its still a bit fresh, I've been battling whether or not I want to work things out. But hearing about all of my friends and their marital dilemmas, especially Caroline's, really helped put things into perspective. I always clean, shower and exercise with music. While I was sweeping, I was listening to the Fiona Apple song, Oh Well. The whole song really reminded me of our relationship, but a lyric stood out to me, which stated, "What wasted unconditional love, on somebody who doesn't believe in the stuff. Oh well." I loved Alec with such a purity. I once told him, that the way I felt for him was like it felt the first time, back in 7th grade, loving my first so unconditionally, except this time, I knew the value of true chemistry and the value of the special friendship love brings. He supposedly loved me like crazy too, we were each other's 2nd true love, but for him to have cheated on me and gone about it the way that he did, hearing that line just kind of brought me to reality. I guess what I'm getting to, is that maybe I'm letting go and believing happiness can be found with another. Just not yet.... Boys can be fun and awesome, but I think for now, I'm just going to focus on me, because boys can also be distracting and exhausting! ;D

So, after maybe my third text to Tiffany, Nancy calls (randomly <3) and asks me if I want to hang out. I say sure, and do what? She says she's not sure, but we'll figure it out when she gets to my house. So, I go on and paint my nails as I wait for her, and rock out to Green Day with Jacob (he was wearing their shirt, so I decided to expose). She came over with some Whataburger, so as she ate, we tried to think of what to do. We didn't think of anything, so me, her and Jacob decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Nancy showed me the house her mom almost bought, which was right behind mine, funny enough. What was really funny to me because I run in the neighborhood all the time, at about the time we were out, and never really saw many other people ever, but like the whole neighborhood and their families were out and about, goin' for a walk, Fidos too! Which, hey, I condone! :)

The walk didn't really help to clear our heads, or give us any bright ideas. But once we got back, we decided to have a "spur of the moment" movie night. We called Delia, Rebekah, Mimi and Michelle, so we could do it proper, but everyone of them didn't pick up, except Delia and she had a previous engagement. Gosh, I guess we were the only ones bored on a Sunday night. Hah! I had movies there, but we decided to rent. I packed up my PS2 and off we ventured, into the brisk night, onward to Hollywood Video! We both had to pee really bad, so when we got there, it was hard to focus on finding a movie to watch. We looked for about an hour and came out with 8 DVDs. So we're indecisive, but we did plan on having another movie night with Delia too, tomorrow! Afterwards, I picked up my bite to eat at Dairy Queen and we ventured over to Scott's house. We went to his house, instead of staying at mine because my TV has this awful buzz to it, plus at Scott's, since he was at a party, we had the place to ourselves. We popped in the first movie, Eagle vs Shark (it has that dude from Flight of the Conchords, the one with the glasses). It was really odd and random, but it was really funny too. It was about dorky love. Hee hee :D Scott came back home, around the middle of the movie and some of his friends came to join before the movie was up. Then we popped in this Chinese movie called The Last Supper. It was about a plastic surgeon who became a cannibal. I expected to be scared, since it was a horror movie after all, but the killing was kind of cheesy, and it was also kind of funny too, since Scott and his buddies were adding their dubbing. There were an awful lot of cannibals in it, and everyone in China orgasms over food apprently.... I would recommend them both, though.

Anyway, the 2nd movie made me hungry, so I think I might grab me some Doritos before bed.....


*Doritos is not code for human flesh.....or is it?????
No, it is not.....

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! I got a shout out- yay!

    I'm so glad you started a blog! They're lotsa fun and a great way to get your thoughts out. Plus, now I can keep track of you and all your dumpster diving, nail painting, movie watching, dream having, movie WRITING shenanigans. Word up

    ReplyDelete